New Job Opportunity – Motor Fleet Underwriting Technician/Trainee (Octane London Market)
OCTANE LONDON MARKET IS RECRUITING! JOIN THE TEAM IN BASILDON
Our sister company Octane London Market has an exciting new job opportunity for a Motor Fleet Underwriting Technician. Octane London Market is part of the Prestige Group which incorporates, Prestige Underwriting Services, Prestige Underwriting Services (Ireland), Octane Underwriting, AbbeyAutoline Insurance Brokers, Customer Claims Assist, Covernet and Reliable Vehicle Solutions.
Founded in 2014, Octane London Market provides the London Motor wholesale market with a solution for non-standard motor risks which may prove difficult to place in the conventional markets. Octane London Market underwrite on behalf of AXA Insurance UK plc who are an ‘A’ rated insurer.
JOB TITLE: Motor Fleet Underwriting Technician / Trainee
REPORTING TO: Senior Fleet Underwriter
Working as part of the Motor Fleet Underwriting team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of a varied book of Motor Fleet policies including liaising with brokers, internal/external claims departments and our internal accounts department.
• Holding cover for new business and renewals.
• Processing mid-term adjustments by uploading the MID with vehicle changes.
• Issuing policy documents to brokers.
• Processing and managing quarterly debited policies via Excel and sending completed quarterly documents to brokers to confirm they agree with the vehicle movements recorded.
• Contacting brokers on outstanding payments.
• Assisting with the development of new processes.
• Analysing claims reports, loss ratio reports and premium report data and providing recommendations.
• Maintain CPD (Continuing Professional Development) on an ongoing basis as applicable for role.
• Maintain and enhance the Company’s reputation through excellent standards of professional conduct, in line with Company policy and procedures, compliance and Core Values.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Strictly maintain client confidentiality.
• Be an effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
• Undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by the Company.
• Any other duties that can reasonably be requested by the Senior Fleet Underwriter or representatives’ acting on behalf of the Senior Fleet Underwriter.
• You will be responsible for the administration of a varied book of motor fleet policies ensuring accuracy whilst working to tight deadlines. You will be proficient in Excel producing reports to our brokers including claims listings, quarterly premium calculations and loss ratio reports.
• There are no budget or staff responsibilities with this role
Key Decision Making Authority
• Dealing with driver referrals, quoting for vehicle additions and underwriting of small fleet policies.
• Claims decisions and formal policy terms will still be dealt with by senior members of the team.
IS THIS JOB FOR ME AND AM I SUITABLE?
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
5 GCSE’s at grades C or above to include Maths and English (or equivalent). (This will be waived in lieu of extensive related experience).
Experience of working within an insurance environment dealing with private motor vehicles and/or commercial vehicles (not applicable for trainee role).
An excellent understanding of Excel and all other Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, etc)
Strong analytical skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels using a variety of media.
Self-motivated with the ability to act on your own initiative and make prompt decisions.
Effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS DESIRABLE:
• Working towards or in possession of Cert CII
• Experience of handling insurer/broker accounts (bordereaux/month end statements, etc.)
• Knowledge of the insurance market particularly Motor/Motor Fleet.
• Knowledge of insurance regulations and legislation.
Remuneration and Conditions of Employment
• Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• Hours of work – 35 hours per week - Monday to Friday; 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (A flexible work pattern will be considered following the initial training period)
• Holidays begin on 20 days plus 8 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Eyecare Scheme
• Staff Insurance Discounts
• Continuous Learning and Development including support for Professional Qualifications
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you are interested in being considered for the role, please forward a tailored CV to email@example.com. If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 90 355 582
CLOSING DATE: Monday 7th June 2021
The company have the right to increase the essential criteria where a large number of candidates meet both the essential and desirable criteria.