New Opportunity - BI Analyst/Developer
Prestige Underwriting Services is part of the Prestige Group which incorporates AbbeyAutoline Insurance Brokers, Stroll Insurance, Bond Lovis Insurance Brokers, Prestige Underwriting Services (Ireland), Customer Claims Assist, Covernet, Octane London Markets, and Reliable Vehicle Solutions.
Job Title: BI Analyst/Developer
Reporting to: Analytics Manager
Purpose of the Job
Due to our broad company structure and wide varying nature of business requests, this role will have fairly flexible requirements week-on-week.
The successful candidate will be involved in many challenging projects which are underway/earmarked for the future, alongside regular day to day duties.
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools for the company and to Senior Management.
- Project ownership to improve data integrity and automation for client and supplier data primarily through data warehousing.
- Create, maintain and update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, infrastructure and any other delivery methods.
- Become comfortable with the Atlassian stack for documentation (Confluence) and code development (Git + Bitbucket)
- Good knowledge of T-SQL to build on processes, develop data pipelines and interrogate information.
- Manipulate information to present it in a meaningful, truthful, and easy to understand format.
Other Functions/ Responsibilities
Short Term Projects
- Maintenance of report automation and business processes, and further automating our current manually reporting.
- Standardise KPI’s across business verticals.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Create end to end solutions for problems or incoming data requests.
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of structured and non-structured data sets.
- Migrating historic operations to version control using Git and Bitbucket.
Long Term Projects
- Investigate, collect, and design data stores for publicly available data sources.
- Help develop, maintain, and integrate ML or AI models into our current day to day data flows.
- Building out an ecosystem using R to leverage more complex operations and methodologies.
- Scope and build a testing framework to help validate our reporting services
- Conduct real time analysis and decision making.
- Build a single view event log for our customers encompassing data integrity checks, exception reporting etc.
- Enhance insurer pricing strategies and build models.
Other possible opportunities
- Evaluate cloud migration for some technology implementations.
- Data Governance including schema’s and data dictionaries.
- 3rd party/legacy integrations/solutions.
- Acquisitions and related data flows, data dictionaries, documentation, data governance.
- Mentor and support colleagues with their technical development.
- Maintain and enhance the Company’s reputation through excellent standards of professional conduct, in line with Company policy and procedures, compliance and Core Values.
- To comply with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, including the Company’s Code of Conduct policy.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
- Strictly maintain client confidentiality.
- Be an effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
- Undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by the Company.
- Any other duties that can reasonably be requested by the Manager or representatives’ acting on behalf of the Manager.
The successful candidate must meet the following essential criteria
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree or equivalent in a strong technical subject (strong commercial experience will be considered).
- Commercial experience in working with SQL and MS BI Stack.
- Strong background of T-SQL coding and data warehousing.
- ETL skills.
- Experience of using visualisation tools (Power BI or similar).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative to achieve set targets.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to complex tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media.
- Methodological and logical approach to work with an eye for detail.
- Act honestly, ethically and with integrity.
- Degree qualification in a STEM subject.
- MS Certification.
- General programming skills.
- Experience using R or similar.
- Working knowledge of Power BI.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience developing with SSRS.
- Strong technical/I.T knowledge.
- Basic insurance knowledge.
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
- Hybrid working
- Hours of work – 35 hours per week as follows:
- Monday to Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Holidays begin on 20 days plus 11 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Eyecare Scheme
- Staff Insurance Discounts
- Service Awards
- Continuous Learning and Development including support for Professional Qualifications.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply with GETGOT Jobs.
Closing Date: 17th June
Prestige Underwriting is an Equal Opportunities Employer