New Opportunity - Credit Controller
We have an opportunity available to join our Broker Accounts Team.
Job Title: Credit Controller – Broker Accounts
Location: Carrickfergus (hybrid working will be considered)
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Broker Accounts Team Leader, the Credit Controller is responsible for minimising outstanding debt while ensuring credit control policies and procedures are applied consistently and fairly.
What you will be doing
Amongst other duties detailed in the job description (link below), you’ll be responsible for…
- Taking a proactive role in the managing and collecting of broker accounts within GB and ROI.
- Ensuring timely payment of debts.
- Issue monthly statements to brokers.
- Take broker calls regarding finance, queries and debt.
- Liaise with underwriters on a regular basis in respect of queries.
- Reconcile accounts and run monthly system reports.
- Assist with the auditing of debt reports
What we’re looking for
Essential Criteria: -
- 5 GCSEs (grade 'C' or above) including English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working in an Accounts role.
- Demonstrable proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with brokers over the telephone.
- Ability to work simultaneously on mutliple activities / tasks, while maintaining accuracy in each.
- An effective and willing team player.
- Self-motivated with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Possess the energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within a busy and dynamic environment that requires a hands-on approach.
Desirable Criteria: -
- 2 A-Levels (grade 'C' or above), or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Covernet insurance software system (or similar)
Hours of Work:
- Monday-Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (working 35 hours per week)
Remuneration and Benefits: -
- Holidays begin on 20 days annual leave plus 11 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
- Pension Scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Denplan Scheme.
- Eye care Scheme.
- Staff Discount.
How Do I Apply?
Apply here and view full details of the role.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2022
Prestige Underwriting is an Equal Opportunities Employer