Prestige Underwriting Services is part of the Prestige Group which incorporates AbbeyAutoline Insurance Brokers, Prestige Underwriting Services (Ireland), Customer Claims Assist, Covernet, Octane Underwriting and Markets and Reliable Cars.
Team leader / Underwriting Manager
Woking as part of the Commercial Underwriting team you will be analysing risk in insurance proposals, determining policy terms and calculating premiums on the basis of actuarial, statistical and background information. Identifying and writing profitable business in support of the Company’s achievement of its overall business objectives.
This is a specialist underwriting role whereby you will be advising on our delegated motor trade scheme and general commercial products, providing quotations and analysing risks whilst ensuring that any business written is profitable and within the underwriting authority and FCA guidelines. The role will require binding risks by quoting and agreeing policy cover and dealing with key stakeholders internally and externally.
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
• Qualifications: 5 GCSE’s grade C or above, including Maths and English (or equivalent).
• Experience: Strong commercial insurance experience, Commercial insurance product knowledge, working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel, Data analysis experience.
• Competencies: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels using a variety of media, Self-motivated with the ability to act on your own initiative, effective, willing and enthusiastic team player, Able to multi-task, deal with unexpected set-backs and identify alternative solutions.
• Qualifications: Work towards, or in possession of Cert CII or Dip CII
• Experience: Experience of working in an insurance trading environment, Customer service experience, Experience of working within a commercial insurance underwriting environment.
The company have the right to increase the essential criteria where a large number of candidates meet both the essential and desirable criteria.
If you are interested in being considered or if anyone you know is interested, please forward a tailored CV to email@example.com