Our office in West Street, Carrickfergus is currently recruiting for the position of Household Underwriter who will report to the Team Leader/ Underwriting Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for analysing risk, determining policy terms and calculating premiums on the basis of actuarial, statistical and background information. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, writing and maintaining profitable business in support of the Company’s achievement of its overall business objectives.
• Assessing standard and non-standard underwriting information.
• Offering appropriate quotations and acceptance of risks.
• Retention of existing broker base.
• Ensuring all underwriting is conducted within Authority limits.
• Reviewing referred claims.
• Responding to complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintaining regular contact with trading partners and acting professionally at all times.
• Ensuring that trading standards are being met.
• Liaising with Accounts Department to assist with collection of premiums.
• Monitoring and keeping up to date with technical and regulatory matters and act accordingly.
• Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary by the Team Leader or Underwriting Manager for the effective operation of the department.
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
• Qualifications: Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths and English Language
• Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Home Underwriting Capacity; Product knowledge; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Personal Attributes: Highly numerate and analytical with a high degree of business acumen, with the ability to accurately analyse high levels of data; Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels using a variety of media; An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player; Self-motivated with the ability to act on own initiative; Ability to switch priorities with little notice to meet the needs of the business and deal with unexpected set-backs by identifying alternative solutions; Possesses the energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within a demanding environment that requires a hands-on approach.
• Qualifications: Working towards, or in possession of Cert CII or Dip CII
• Experience: Proven experience in an insurance trading environment and customer facing role; Experience within an insurance underwriting environment; Experience using insurance related systems.
• Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• Hours of work Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
• 20 days annual leave plus statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
• Company Pension Scheme, including life assurance.
• Private Medical Insurance
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
• Eye care scheme
• Staff Discount
• The post holder will be required to undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by Prestige.
The company have the right to increase the essential criteria where a large number of candidates meet both the essential and desirable criteria.
If you or someone you know would like to become a part of the team at Prestige, please submit a CV, highlighting how you meet the criteria (as per job specifications) to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org