Prestige Underwriting Services is part of the Prestige Insurance Holdings Group which incorporates AbbeyAutoline Insurance Brokers, Prestige Underwriting Services (Ireland), Customer Claims Assist, Covernet, Octane Underwriting and Markets and Reliable Cars.
Working as part of the Technical Underwriting team you will provide assistance to the Technical Manager and other areas of the business to promote profitable growth of the Prestige Underwriting account.
• Regular and timely analysis of Prestige account to identify both opportunities for growth in profitable areas and to identify and suggest corrective action for poorer performing parts of the account
• Undertake regular review of Prestige product’s and conduct regular competitor analysis in order to boost and maintain the position of Prestige within the market
• Assist with ongoing maintenance of Prestige product literature, Underwriting guides and endorsement suite
• Assisting the Technical Manager with projects as required
• Assist with the management and updates of Prestige products, including updating these on SWH’s
• Provide assistance, where needed, in the Prestige audit programme. (Occasional travel to different locations may be required)
• Assist with the set up and management of bespoke broker arrangement’s including review of new and existing deals, delegated authority and trading agreements
• Assist with management of conduct and conduct risks from the underwriting side of the business.
• Maintain excellent standards of professional conduct, in line with Company policy and procedure, compliance / FCA guidelines and Core Values.
• Adhere to the FCA regulations and requirements at all times.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Be an effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
• Maintenance of CPD.
• Undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by the Company.
• Any other duties that can reasonably be requested by your Manager or representatives’ acting on behalf of your Manager.
• This is a specialist role whereby you will be assisting to manage our internal products ensuring the overall performance of the Prestige account.
• There are no budget or staff responsibilities with this role.
• There will be a requirement to make key decisions with regards to underwriting changes/recommendations on Prestige products to improve product performance/quotability/conversion/panel shares. And ensure Prestige products continue to be market leading.
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
5 GCSE’s grade C or above, including Maths and English (or equivalent).
• Substantial household insurance/underwriting experience.
• Insurance market knowledge.
• Experience of analysing data, producing reports and providing recommendations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels using a variety of media.
• Self-motivated with the ability to act on your own initiative and make prompt decisions.
• An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
• Working towards, or in possession of CERT CII, DIP CII or ACII.
• Working towards, or in possession of an ROI insurance industry qualification.
• Experience of working in a development or technical role.
• Working knowledge of EDI and software house products and bespoke platforms.
• Product knowledge in territories such as ROI
• Competitive salary, negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• Hours of work; 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
• 20 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Eyecare scheme
• Staff insurance discounts
• Continuous learning and development support
If you are interested in being considered for the role, please forward a tailored CV to email@example.com. If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 90 355 582
The company have the right to increase the essential criteria where a large number of candidates meet both the essential and desirable criteria.