We are currently seeking to recruit a Broker Support Advisor to provide temporary maternity cover for a one-year period in our Cavan office with an option to work from home. Reporting to the Team Leader/ Underwriting Manager, the successful candidate will deliver a professional service to our broker panel and deal with all motor underwriting queries which come through on a day-to-day basis.
To provide an integral support service to the Underwriting and Management team by dealing with and responding to a broad spectrum of underwriting queries raised by our broker panel.
•Review referrals from our broker panel to confirm if risks acceptable and premium required.
•Review internal audits on accepted risks.
•Retention of existing broker base.
•Ensure all underwriting is conducted within Authority limits.
•Review renewal risks
•Respond to complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
•Deal with broker panel queries in a professional manner at all times.
•Ensure that trading standards are being met.
•Liaise with Accounts Department to assist with collection of premiums.
•Monitor and keep up to date with technical and regulatory matters
•Ensure personal awareness and understanding of internal standards and procedures
•Comply with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
•Carry out any other functions deemed necessary by the Team Leader/Underwriting Manager for the effective operation of the department.
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
• CIP or APA qualification in Personal Lines;
• 2 years personal lines insurance experience;
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office;
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels using a variety of media;
• The ability to act on own initiative, make prompt decisions and be self-motivated;
• The ability to make prompt decisions, work enthusiastically as part of a team and also demonstrate the enthusiasm to work in a demanding environment that requires a hands on approach.
• Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
• Hours of work; Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
• 20 days annual leave plus statutory days
• Private Medical Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Eyecare scheme
• Staff insurance discounts
• Continuous learning and development
• The post holder will be required to undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by Prestige Underwriting (Ireland).
If you would like to become a part of the team at Prestige Underwriting (Ireland), please submit a copy of your CV, highlighting how you meet the criteria to the HR Department at email@example.com