New Opportunity - Scheme Underwriter
JOIN OUR SCHEMES TEAM
Due to our continued expansion, we now have an opening for a Scheme Underwriter to join our Schemes Team.
Job Title: Scheme Underwriter
Reporting to: Scheme Manager
Location: Basildon/Ipswich/Hybrid/Homeworking options
Purpose of the Job
You will be involved in the development of new and existing bespoke broker products via mainstream software house platforms and bespoke broker platforms.
- Provide support in the development of new and existing bespoke broker products.
- Agree bespoke underwriting rules for new and existing bespoke broker products.
- Work with the pricing team in respect of rating for new and existing bespoke broker products.
- Assist with the creation of new bespoke broker product specifications for internal and external integration.
- Update existing bespoke broker product specifications with bespoke underwriting or pricing changes.
- Create bespoke broker Delegated Authority Guides, and complete bespoke updates.
- Support product training for bespoke broker products for key stakeholders.
- Support bespoke broker relationships and attend regular meetings.
- Regular and timely analysis of bespoke broker products to identify both opportunities for growth in profitable areas and to identify and suggest corrective action for poorer performing parts of the account.
- Assist the Schemes Manager with projects as required.
- Maintain and enhance the Company’s reputation through excellent standards of professional conduct, in line with Company policy and procedures, compliance, core values and behaviours.
- Strictly maintain client confidentiality.
- Be an effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures, including health and safety
- Complying with any applicable regulatory and legislative requirements including the Company’s Code of Conduct.
- Undertake training and professional development as necessary for the performance of your role.
- Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary for the effective operation of the
The successful candidate must meet the following essential criteria
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above, or equivalent to include Maths and English/or commensurate experience
- Substantial motor insurance / motor underwriting experience
- Insurance market knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel
- An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player communicator and listener
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels using a variety of medias
- Self-motivated with the ability to act on own
- Ability to switch priorities with little notice to meet the needs of the business and deal with unexpected set-backs by identifying alternative solutions.
- Possesses the energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within a demanding environment that requires a hands-on approach.
You will work Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. This role can be carried out within any of our Group sites with consideration given to home working.
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
• 28 days annual leave including Bank/public holidays, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Eyecare Scheme
• Staff insurance discounts
• Continuous learning and development
How Do I Apply?
You can apply with GETGOT Jobs.
Closing Date: Monday 6th June
Prestige Underwriting is an Equal Opportunities Employer