Prestige Insurance Holdings, the Insurance Group which Prestige Underwriting Services is part of, is recruiting for a BI Analyst/ Developer. This Group role will be working across different businesses within the Group including AbbeyAutoline Insurance Brokers, Prestige Underwriting Services and Prestige Underwriting Services (Ireland), Octane London Markets and Reliable Vehicle Solutions.
Due to our broad company structure and wide varying nature of business requests, this role will have fairly flexible requirements week-on-week. The successful candidate will be involved in many challenging projects which are underway/earmarked for the future, alongside regular day to day duties.
• Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools for the company and to Senior Management.
• Project ownership to improve data integrity and automation for client and supplier data primarily through data warehousing.
• Create, maintain and update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, infrastructure and any other delivery methods.
• Become comfortable with the Atlassian stack for documentation (Confluence), issue management (JIRA) and code development (Git + Bitbucket).
• Good knowledge of T-SQL to build on processes, develop data pipelines and interrogate information.
• Manipulate information to present it in a meaningful, truthful, and easy to understand format.
Short Term Projects
• Maintenance of report automation and business processes, and further automating our current manually reporting.
• Standardise KPI’s across business verticals.
• Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
• Create end to end solutions for problems or incoming data requests.
• Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of structured and non-structured data sets.
• Migrating historic operations to version control using Git and Bitbucket.
Long Term Projects
• Investigate, collect, and design data stores for publicly available data sources.
• Help develop, maintain, and integrate ML or AI models into our current day to day data flows.
• Building out an ecosystem using R to leverage more complex operations and methodologies.
• Scope and build a testing framework to help validate our reporting services
• Conduct real time analysis and decision making.
• Build a single view event log for our customers encompassing data integrity checks, exception reporting etc.
• Enhance insurer pricing strategies and build models.
• Possibly evaluate cloud migration for some technology implementations.
• Data Governance including schema’s and data dictionaries.
• 3rd party/legacy integrations/solutions.
• Acquisitions and related data flows, data dictionaries, documentation, data governance.
• Mentor and support colleagues with their technical development.
• Maintain and enhance the Company’s reputation through excellent standards of professional conduct, in line with Company policy and procedures, compliance and Core Values.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Strictly maintain client confidentiality.
• Be an effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
• Undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by the Company.
• Any other duties that can reasonably be requested by the Team Leader or representatives’ acting on behalf of the Team Leader.
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
A Degree or equivalent in a strong technical subject (strong commercial experience will be considered).
• Commercial experience in working with SQL and MS BI Stack.
• Strong background of T-SQL coding and data warehousing.
• ETL skills.
• Experience of using visualisation tools (Power BI or similar).
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management skills and organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative to achieve set targets.
• Ability to provide creative solutions to complex tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media.
• Methodological and logical approach to work with an eye for detail.
• Act honestly, ethically and with integrity.
• Ability to work within a demanding environment which requires a hands-on approach.
• General programming skills.
• Experience using R or similar.
• Working knowledge of Power BI.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Experience developing with SSRS.
• Strong technical/I.T knowledge.
• Basic insurance knowledge.
• Working knowledge of the Open GI system.
• Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• Hours of work – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Holidays begin on 20 days plus 11 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Eyecare Scheme
• Staff Insurance Discounts
• Continuous Learning and Development including support for Professional Qualifications
If you are interested in being considered for the role, please forward a tailored CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the HR team on email@example.com or call 028 90 355 582
The company have the right to increase the essential criteria where a large number of candidates meet both the essential and desirable criteria.