Pricing Analyst – Graduate Role
Prestige Underwriting Services Ltd is currently recruiting for a Pricing Analyst based at our Belfast HQ Office.
What We Do
The Pricing Department endeavours to place a price on insurance risks by fitting statistical models to historical data, attempting to predict the underlying claim costs associated with an insurance policy. Historical data is enriched with a host of external factors to complement the risk assessment of each policy, and consequently to price more accurately and competitively.
As well as the techniques used to price potential new business, a range of statistical methodologies are used to monitor the ongoing development of existing business to ensure we remain competitive in the market.
Our Graduate Programme…
As a Graduate, you’ll benefit from a structured Graduate Development Programme designed to help you learn in real-time, on-the-job and through supported training.
Financial aid and study time can be provided upon successful completion of a six-month probation period towards ongoing actuarial qualifications, if desired.
The role includes:
• Assisting in the production of new product pricing models
• Assisting in ensuring all pricing models for household insurance are robust and well documented
• Performing rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommending improvements to data quality
• Developing solutions using a sound statistical approach to both new and routine pricing problems.
• Assisting in ongoing monitoring of pricing models
• Assisting in the development, analysis and monitoring of key performance indicators
• Understanding and communicating analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences explaining key results and assumptions
• Use of key pricing software packages to maintain profitability of both household and motor books
• Maintaining Financial Conduct Authority compliance at all times
Am I Suitable?
You’ll come from a Mathematics or Statistics or Actuarial background at degree level and have at least a 2:1 or equivalent.
You’ll also have:
• Experience of manipulating high volumes of data to produce meaningful analysis.
• Strong IT skills with experience of Excel and preferably SQL.
• Knowledge of data analysis and modelling packages, preferably general insurance actuarial modelling packages such as Emblem.
• High level of numerical and analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and present information to stakeholders.
• High level of written and verbal communication, excellent attention to detail.
• An innovative approach to problem solving.
• Good interpersonal skills with a clear ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Skill at prioritising and organising own workload to meet personal and team objectives.
• Self-motivation and focus to deliver timely, accurate results.
• Commercial awareness.
Why Join Us?
Our culture is set up for you to develop a progressive rewarding career. Along the way, you’ll also benefit from the more immediate rewards of a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• 31 days’ annual leave with service (including bank/public holidays)
• Financial assistance for professional self-study and professional membership subscription fees (upon successful completion of probation period)
• 35 hour working week (Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.00pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break)
• Health Insurance
• Life Assurance Cover
• Discounted insurance
• Eyecare Vouchers
• Service Awards
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
How Do I Apply?
You can apply at GetGot jobs using the link below;