Since 1997, we’ve been developing an enviable reputation in the non-standard markets across the UK, with non-standard Home and Thatched Home two of our leading areas of expertise.
The Prestige Thatched Home product has been designed to provide the same wide underwriting footprint that our Coverall product currently brings you, allowing us to cover a range of non-standard risks.
Type of risks included:
- Unoccupied properties
- Grade 2 Listed Properties
- Let Properties
- Properties that have previously been affected by subsidence
- Holiday, second and weekend/weekday homes
- High risk occupations
- Criminal convictions
- Adverse claims experience
Summary of Cover:
The Thatched Home product will cater for properties that are fully, or partially roofed in a full range of thatch roof constructions including water reed, wheat reed, long straw and fibre.
Our acceptance criteria includes:
- Valuables up to 33% with a single article limit of 10% of the Contents sum insured
- Personal Possessions single article limit of £2,500
- Various heating types accepted such as open fires, solid fuel stoves and gas central heating
- Thatch inspections and electrical installation inspections only needed every 5 years