As the clocks change, darker evenings arrive and break-ins increase
This weekend will see the clocks go back and darker nights will begin to creep in. It has been reported as this time of year approaches burglaries increase by over 1/3 with criminals forcing entry to home when dark hits.
As we get our homes ready for winter it is also important to keep in mind how we can protect our homes from burglaries.
Simple security checks
- Make sure lighting is in full working order
- Check windows and doors are secured properly
- Do not leave keys outdoors in ‘secret’ places as these can be found
- Recall your insurance documents should you need to check if certain requirements are required under your policy
- If you have a burglar alarm installed, make sure it is working. Annual servicing is highly recommended.
At Prestige Underwriting we can generally consider risks up to around £75,000 total combined contents (with valuables and personal possessions) before an alarm is required. However, it is extremely important to note this is subject to each individual case as each situation is looked at on its own merit and certain factors may require us to deviate from this.