Today is ‘Blue Monday’ – let’s try and beat those Monday Blues together!
While we are working remotely and following guidelines by staying apart, we can still be there for eachother by encouraging one another to adopt a positive mindset and introduce some simple measures to our day. With everything going on in the world right now, and lockdown after lockdown, it can be easy to feel deflated and overwhelmed. It is therefore so important, now more than ever, we look after out mental and physical health and overall wellbeing.
Here are some simple things to keep you upbeat and positive today and onwards!
1. Plan your day! If you have a plan for the day ahead and as the day unfolds you can tick off some of your To Do’s, you will feel great achievement and productivity.
2. Get some fresh air and a little exercise, adhering to the Government guidelines.
3. Enjoy a favourite treat, this could be food or your favourite drink. Go on treat yourself.
4. See a friendly face, video call or FaceTime a friend or family member for a chat or catch-up.
5. Send that text, check in with someone you have not seen in a while to say ‘Hi’ and let them know you are thinking about them. It is good to be kind.
6. Keep things in perspective, Blue Monday is just another day, don’t let this dampen your mood too much. If you are feeling low, remember tomorrow is a new day.
7. And remember if you feel you need help, do not be afraid to ask.